There are a few things that I am absolutely head-over-heels in love with lately and I though I would share a few of my favorites with you all!
1. Baby Spinach - I always loved darker greens, like I just can not stand iceberg lettuce, but lately I have been having cravings for nothing but spinach. The first time I had it I thought it would taste gross like they show in cartoons when you're a kid, but oh my how I fell in love. My favorite spinach dish as of late is my own rendition of a salad I had here a few months ago. It's spinach, blue cheese crumbles, and balsamic vinegrette. Oh my gosh. It is the best salad I have ever had. It's great as a snack with just a handful of spinach or as an entire meal with a bowlful.
2. "Everybody Needs a Best Friend" by Norah Jones from Ted - This. Song. Guys... This song. I could literally listen to this song all day and never tire of it. In fact, I'm listening to it right now. I actually have been listeing to the entire soundtrack on-and-off all week. I'm just a little bit obsessed. Just a tad. Oh well, I'm sure my best friend loves me even though I'm crazy about this song. It just started playing again. Yessssssss.
3. Kettle Bell - I love love love my kettle bell. I bought little pink 5 pound one a few weeks ago and I already noticed a huge difference in not only my arms but my posture. Love. Plus, it came with a digital subscription to Women's Health magazine. So, win win.
4. Everything at Once by Stellar Young - This album is the bee's knees... As the cool kids today would say. My Mom is friends with one of the member's fathers, so that's how I started listening to them. I'm so glad I did, this album is just what I needed to get out of my winter blues. I am actually shocked they don't have a million billion trillion fans, because these guys are amazing. They're from Albany and are currently on a Nor'East Tour. Get it? Ahahaha, I love a good pun. You can get their music over here and like them on facebook (and see their tour dates, I'm hopefully going to one....) over this way.
5. Tory Burch Ikat iPhone 4 Case - I bought this case at Tory Burch a couple of weeks ago (On sale! Score!) and I've gotten so many compliments. It's obviously not as sturdy as my trusty Otter Box, so I have to be more careful when throwing my phone around. (spoiler: I haven't.) I love the color and adore the pattern, it's similar to my quilt in my NY room and that's what caught my attention. I can't find this specific case on the TB site, but you can find more cool phone cases and such at her site here.
6. Smoothies - For the past three months or so I have been a smoothie-making machine! I've been using fresh fruit (such as strawberries, blueberries, pineapple chunks, bananas, mangos...), milk, greek yogurt, and sometimes, more spinach. How I love my spinach. Spinach is great to put in smoothies, throw in a handful and you get a ton of great nutrients and it doesn't mess up the flavor.
7. Prey Tell by China Glaze - This nail polish is maroon-brown color that is perfect for winter... I have it on now, duh. China Glaze always makes really good polishes and this one is no exception.
8. Champagne Empress Of Fire Necklace by Alex and Ani - I used to go on and on about Alex and Ani's bangles on my old blog all the time. Being a Rhode Islander I have been a customer of theirs for years so it's great to see them come into such success. This necklace was a Valentines Day present to me from my parents (so romantic, I know.) Thanks Mommy and Daddy. This necklace is a work of art, it looks like a museum piece and I feel like a princess when I wear it. Obsesssssssed. Check out their stuff here.
Anyone else not-so-excited for the Superbowl tonight? I guess since the Giants aren't playing it isn't as exciting. Last year was a blast, my Dad and I took off the day after to go get some Giants swag haha. I guess I'll be rooting for the Ravens, since it's my cousin's team. Family. Hey.
If you're not so much into football and don't care about the commercials, go watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. They take a bunch of puppys and put them in an 'arena' and watch them play. They also have a kitten halftime show. My screen always explodes with cuteness.
photo credit to google. thanks google. you're good peeps.